Techtrails STEM & Future Skills Program is an initiative from Women in Technology WA (WiTWA) which offers in-school incursions and online modules to promote Technology and STEM to secondary students. Their mission is to generate passion, excitement, and interest in young people, encouraging them to consider careers in technology.
Via the Techtrails online modules, students can become VR experts, marine scientists, or software engineers for a day – and listen to leading experts as they share their career stories while learning about the infinite possibilities a career in Technology and STEM offers.
Techtrails wanted their primary website to be engaging and provide a clear pathway for schools to engage the organisation for school incursions, as well as an overhaul of their online STEM careers discovery platform that is used with students to explore and learn about future STEM career pathways.
Some of the features that the Techtrails team have found especially valuable include:
- Clear, obvious navigation for their three primary target audiences (Schools, Students, Speakers);
- Fun and engaging web application for students to identify potential career paths based on their passion and interests;
- A Resource Library for teachers and students to locate (or relocate) valuable content before, during or after a school incursion;
- A dedicated information page for speakers and volunteers, and an online speaker/volunteer expression of interest form to help reduce admin burden of recruiting for school incursions;
- More recently, a ‘sponsored avatar’ feature that allows Techtrails partners to dedicate funding to developing and promoting specific tech careers
As well as the work we’ve done in collaboration with Techtrails, we are proud sponsors of Women in Tech WA and have been honoured to participate as volunteers and speakers in several Techtrails School Incursion programs.