Business Station is a non-profit provider of enterprise development services to businesses across Western Australia, Queensland and the Northern Territory. They provide a range of services including business incubators, advisory services and Training Station Australia, their newly launched RTO.
The old Business Station website had been created before many of these services existed, and content had been added over the years by various staff members without any holistic strategy or plan. Clients and stakeholders alike often commented on how difficult it was to find key pieces of information, and it was almost impossible to utilise the website effectively in any kind of marketing strategy.
Some of the functionality that was critical to Business Station when embarking on this project included:
- The ability to easily search and filter advisors & events
- The ability to add, edit and remove programs, locations, advisors and events
- Integration with their existing portal created to manage the ASBAS program
- Integration with Eventbrite to reduce the amount of manual rework
- A way to display success stories to showcase their great work
- The ability to create guest blog posts and leverage their advisor network
Since launching the website, Business Station have undergone a number of organisational changes related to their programs and services. We’ve assisted them to find solutions along the way such as utilising their existing website functionality to create complex forms and questionnaires so that they could move away from using third party software not approved by the Commonwealth due to data storage regulations. We’ve also worked closely with the development agency responsible for the ASBAS portal to further integrate and automate bookings, advisors, forms and events – reducing administrative overheads for Business Station staff and improving the overall experience for individuals using the program, whether they be clients or advisors.